exam rockers

Breaking News

Logical Reasoning for SBI PO Exam

1. Statement: Unable to manage with the present salary, Arun has decided to join another company.
Assumptions:
I. The new company has better work environment.
II. The present company offers moderate pay packets.
III. The new company offers higher salary to all its employees.


A. None is implicit
B. Only II is implicit
C. All are implicit

D. Only II and III are implicit
E. None of these

Direction (for Q.No. 2): In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
Give answer
(A) If only assumption I is implicit
(B) If only assumption II is implicit
(C) If either I or II is implicit
(D) If neither I nor II is implicit
(E) If both I and II are implicit.

2. Statement: The two countries have signed a fragile pact, but the vital sovereignty issue remains unresolved.
Assumptions:
I. The two countries cannot have permanent peace pact.
II. The two countries may become hostile again after a short spell of time.

A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit

Direction (for Q.No. 3): Three of the words will be in the same classification, the remaining one will not be. Your answer will be the one word that does NOT belong in the same classification as the others.

3. Which word does NOT belong with the others?
A. tyre
B. steering wheel
C. engine
D. car

Direction (for Q.Nos. 4 - 6): In each question below are given two statements followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to take the given two statements to be true even if they seem to be at variance from commonly known facts. Read the conclusion and then decide which of the given conclusions logically follows from the two given statements, disregarding commonly known facts.
Give answer:

(A) If only conclusion I follows
(B) If only conclusion II follows
(C) If either I or II follows
(D) If neither I nor II follows and
(E) If both I and II follow.

4. Statements: All pens are roads. All roads are houses.
Conclusions:
All houses are pens.
Some houses are pens.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

5. Statements: All poles are guns. Some boats are not poles.
Conclusions:
All guns are boats.
Some boats are not guns.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

6. Statements: Some papers are pens. Angle is a paper.
Conclusions:
Angle is not a pen.
Angle is a pen.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

Direction (for Q.No. 7):
Each question given below consists of a statement, followed by three or four arguments numbered I, II, III and IV. You have to decide which of the arguments is/are 'strong' arguments) and which is/are 'weak' arguments) and accordingly choose your answer from the alternatives given below each question.

7. Statement: Should the income generated out of agricultural activities be taxed?
Arguments:
I. No. Farmers are otherwise suffering from natural calamities and low yield coupled with low procurement price and their income should not be taxed.
II. Yes. Majority of the population is dependent on agriculture and hence their income should be taxed to augment the resources.
III. Yes. Many big farmers earn much more than the majority of the service earners and they should be taxed to remove the disparity.

A. Only I is strong
B. Only I and II are strong
C. Only II and III are strong
D. All are strong
E. None of these

Direction (for Q.No. 8): In each question below is given a statement followed by two assumptions numbered I and II. You have to consider the statement and the following assumptions and decide which of the assumptions is implicit in the statement.
Give answer
(A) If only assumption I is implicit
(B) If only assumption II is implicit
(C) If either I or II is implicit
(D) If neither I nor II is implicit
(E) If both I and II are implicit.

8. Statement: A's advice to B - "Go to Jammu via Amritsar - the shortest route".
Assumptions:
B wishes to go to Jammu.
A gives advice to everybody.

A. Only assumption I is implicit
B. Only assumption II is implicit
C. Either I or II is implicit
D. Neither I nor II is implicit
E. Both I and II are implicit

Direction (for Q.No. 9): Each question has an underlined word followed by four answer choices. You will choose the word that is a necessary part of the underlined word.

9. school

A. student
B. report card
C. test
D. learning

Direction (for Q.No. 10): Find the number that fits somewhere into the middle of the series. Some of the items involve both numbers and letters

10. Look at this series: 4, 7, 25, 10, __, 20, 16, 19, ... What number should fill the blank?

A. 13
B. 15
C. 20
D. 28

Direction (for Q.No. 11): In each question below is given a statement followed by two courses of action numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true and on the basis of the information given in the statement, decide which of the suggested courses of action logically follow(s) for pursuing.
Give answer
(A) If only I follows
(B) If only II follows
(C) If either I or II follows
(D) If neither I nor II follows
(E) If both I and II follow.

11. Statement: There has been large number of cases of internet hacking in the recent months creating panic among the internet users.
Courses of Action:
I. The government machinery should make an all out effort to nab those who are responsible and put them behind bars.
II. The internet users should be advised to stay away from using internet till the culprits are caught.

A. Only I follows
B. Only II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

Direction (for Q.No. 12):
Look carefully for the pattern, and then choose which pair of numbers comes next.

12. 2 44 4 41 6 38 8
A. 10 12
B. 35 32
C. 34 9
D. 35 10
E. 10 52

Direction (for Q.Nos. 13 - 15): In each question below is given a statement followed by two conclusions numbered I and II. You have to assume everything in the statement to be true, then consider the two conclusions together and decide which of them logically follows beyond a reasonable doubt from the information given in the statement.
Give answer:
(A) If only conclusion I follows
(B) If only conclusion II follows
(C) If either I or II follows
(D) If neither I nor II follows and
(E) If both I and II follow.

13. Statements: The President of XYZ Party indicated that 25 independent Members of Legislative Assembly (MLA) are seriously considering various options of joining some political party. But in any case all of them collectively will join one party only.
Conclusions:
I. The 25 independent MLAs will join XYZ party in a short period of time.
II. The 25 independent MLAs will join some other political party in a short period of time.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

14. Statements: Double your money in five months - An advertisement.
Conclusions:
I. The assurance is not genuine.
II. People want their money to grow.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

15. Statements: Parents are prepared to pay any price for an elite education to their children.
Conclusions:
I. All parents these days are very well off.
II. Parents have an obsessive passion for a perfect development of their children through good schooling.

A. Only conclusion I follows
B. Only conclusion II follows
C. Either I or II follows
D. Neither I nor II follows
E. Both I and II follow

Direction (for Q.No. 16): Look carefully for the pattern, and then choose which pair of numbers comes next.

16. 9 11 33 13 15 33 17
A. 19 33
B. 33 35
C. 33 19
D. 15 33
E. 19 21

Direction (for Q.No. 17): In these series, you will be looking at both the letter pattern and the number pattern. Fill the blank in the middle of the series or end of the series.

17. P5QR, P4QS, P3QT, _____, P1QV
A. PQW
B. PQV2
C. P2QU
D. PQ3U

Direction (for Q.No. 18): In each of the following questions, a statement/group of statements is given followed by some conclusions. Without resolving anything yourself choose the conclusion which logically follows from the given statements).

18. All guilty politicians were arrested. Kishan and Chander were among those arrested.
A. All politicians are guilty.
B. All arrested people are politicians.
C. Kishan and Chander were not politicians.
D. Kishan and Chander were guilty.

Direction (for Q.No. 19): Translate from an imaginary language into English. Then, look for the word elements that appear both on the list and in the answer choices.

19. Here are some words translated from an artificial language.
morpirquat means birdhouse
beelmorpir means bluebird
beelclak means bluebell
Which word could mean "houseguest"?

A. morpirhunde
B. beelmoki
C. quathunde
D. clakquat

Direction (for Q.No. 20): Look carefully at the sequence of symbols to find the pattern. Select correct pattern.

20.
     
       







A. 1
B. 2
C. 3
D. 4



ANSWERS WITH EXPLANATIONS:
1. Option B
Explanation: Nothing about the environment in the new company is mentioned in the statement. So, I is not implicit. Since Arun is not satisfied with the present Salary, it is evident that the present company offers moderate pay packets. So, II is implicit. The statement talks only of Arun and not all the employees of the new company. So, III is not implicit.

2. Option B
Explanation: From the fact that the present pact is not a lasting one, the possibility of a permanent pact cannot be ruled out. So, I is not implicit. The statement mentions that the present pact is a 'fragile' one and the vital sovereignty issue still remains unresolved. So the same issue may rise again in the future. Thus, II is implicit.

3. Option D
Explanation: Tire, steering wheel, and engine are all parts of a car.

4. Option B
Explanation: Since both the premises are universal and affirmative, the conclusion must be universal affirmative and should not contain the middle term. So, it follows that 'All pens are houses'. II is the converse of this conclusion and so it holds. Since the term 'houses' is distributed in I without being distributed in any of the premises, so I does not follow.

5. Option C
Explanation: Clearly, the term 'guns' is distributed in both the conclusions without being distributed in any of the premises. So, either I or II follows.

6. Option C
Explanation: Since the middle term 'papers' is not distributed even once in the premises, no definite conclusion follows. However, I and II involve only the extreme terms and form a complementary pair. Thus, either I or II follows.

7. Option C
Explanation: Clearly, if the income of farmers is not adequate, they cannot be brought under the net of taxation as per rules governing the Income Tax Act. So, I is not strong. Besides, a major part of the population is dependent on agriculture and such a large section, if taxed even with certain concessions, would draw in huge funds, into the government coffers. Also, many big landlords with substantially high incomes from agriculture are taking undue advantage of this benefit. So, both arguments II and III hold strong.

8. Option A
Explanation: A has advised B the route to Jammu. This means that B wishes to go to Jammu. So, I is implicit. The statement mentions only A's advice to B. So, II is not implicit.

9. Option A
Explanation: Without students, a school cannot exist; therefore, students are the essential part of schools. The other choices may be related, but they are not essential.

10.Option A
Explanation: Two series alternate here, with every third number following a different pattern. In the main series, 3 is added to each number to arrive at the next. In the alternating series, 5 is subtracted from each number to arrive at the next.

11.Option A
Explanation: Clearly, internet users should not suffer on account of certain individuals who indulge in internet hacking. However, such wrong-doers ought to be penalised so that there are no hassles in the use of internet. So, only course I follows.

12.Option D
Explanation: Here, there are two alternating patterns, one addition and one subtraction. The first starts with 2 and increases by 2; the second starts with 44 and decreases by 3.

13.Option C
Explanation: The statement asserts that 25 independent M.L.A.s shall join one party only. Thus, they may join XYZ or any other party. So, either I or II follows.

14.Option B
Explanation: The authenticity of the given statement cannot be deduced. So, I does not follow. Since, the advertisement talks of quick returns, it implies that people want their money to grow, as an advertisement always imbibes comments and features that attract the attention of the people immediately. So, II follows.

15.Option B
Explanation: The statement implies that people are inclined towards giving their children good education. So, only II follows while I does not.

16.Option A
Explanation: In this alternating repetition series, a random number, 33, is interpolated every third number into a simple addition series, in which each number increases by 2.

17.Option C
Explanation: The first two letters, PQ, are static. The third letter is in alphabetical order, beginning with R. The number series is in descending order beginning with 5.

18. Option D

19.Option C
Explanation: Morpir means bird; quat means house; beel means blue; clak means bell. Choice c, which begins with quat, is the only possible option.

20.Option D
Explanation: Look for opposites in this series of figures. The first and second segments are opposites of each other. The same is true for the third and fourth segments.

No comments

Leave your comment related to the post. Please do not spam.